Beginning on February 11th, join Tellington TTouch Instructor, Animal Behaviourist and Author, Toni Shelbourne as she helps you unlock the keys to understanding and supporting your anxious dog.
We all want a calm, confident canine companion. Consistent training, an enriched , low-stress lifestyle, adequate exercise and a good diet all contribute to helping our dogs feel their best; but what do you do when you come across a dog who still struggles with anxiety? As with people, anxiety is a complex issue that cannot necessarily be helped with a “one sized fits all approach” or simply additional training or exercise. This course is designed to help TTouch Practitioners and practitioners in training, rescue workers, dog owners and canine professionals gain a comprehensive understanding of anxiety in dogs.
You will acquire practical techniques in the Tellington TTouch Training method to support and manage anxious dogs. This course combines theoretical knowledge with practical strategies to empower participants in providing a nurturing and anxiety-free environment for their own canine companions, dogs in their care or clients dogs.
During the two, 2 hour live-stream sessions, Toni will guide you through the steps of understanding and then addressing your dog’s anxiety in a gentle, supportive and integrative way. These sessions are recorded for future viewing and you have lifetime access to all content.
This course include hours of informative, helpful lectures as well as easy to follow videos demonstrating specific techniques.
What is anxiety.
Safe dog handling.
Working with the over-aroused anxious dog.
Working with the catatonic or shy dog.
What can we add to enhance our work.
What you will learn!
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of dog anxiety and its various forms.
- Learn practical strategies to reduce anxiety and create a calm environment.
- Develop skills in confidence building and calmness in dogs.
- Discover additional support options and interventions for severe cases.
- Promote the overall well-being and happiness of yours or your client’s dog.
Note: While this course provides valuable insights and techniques, it’s essential to consult with a veterinarian or professional dog behaviourist for personalized guidance in managing your dog’s anxiety.
Tellington TTouch Companion Animal Instructor Toni Shelbourne brings a wealth of experience with many different species and modalities. Toni is also an Accredited Animal Behaviourist based in the UK and has the following qualifications.
- Diploma in Canine Behaviour (ISCP Dip.Canine.Prac.)
- Tellington TTouch Instructor
- Real Dog Yoga Instructor
- Full Member of INTODogs
- Full Member of the International Companion Animal Network (ICAN)
- Senior Instructor for Dog Training College
- Over three decades of experience working with animals